Unions have a Health and Safety Right of Entry Permit to your worksite. CFMEU organisers hold these WHS entry permits [Sec 131(1), 133 (l)(a)Act].

If you require assistance from your union, an organiser can attend your workplace. Contact the CFMEU Office on 8231 5532 when it comes to safety on the job.

Many protections and rights we take for granted were fought for and won by unions. These include workers’ compensation; rest breaks; protective clothing; restrictions on lifting heavy objects; licences and training when working with heavy equipment; as well as bans on asbestos and dangerous chemicals.

  • A safe and healthy working environment
  • Know what health and safety hazards they are exposed to at work and a right to be involved in and negotiate how hazards are dealt with
  • Determine who represents them on health and safety issues and Refuse unsafe work