Long Service Leave

Not too long ago, only public service workers were entitled to extra paid leave after many years' work with their employer. However, campaigning by construction workers and your Union changed all that.

Now, you are entitled to accumulate the time spent working for different employers and to claim a bonus paid holiday at the end of 7 or 10 years. All you need to do is to make sure you are registered for Long Service Leave and give your registration number to each new employer you work with. 

Every year you should get a statement from the Long Service Leave Authority showing how your long service record has changed. Keep an eye on it, in case any work you've done has been missed.

Each state and territory has a separate authority that keeps records of your work. If you move interstate for work, you need to contact the Long Service Leave authority in your new location and give them your registration details in your home state.

Long Service Leave Authority Contact:

Portable Long Service Leave
155 Fullarton Road Rose Park, SA 5067
Free call 1800 182 124 Phone 08 8332 6111 

Email    hello@portableleave.org.au

Website  www.portableleave.org.au